Sunday, June 29, 2008

My First Book!


This was my first book cover! I'm so glad it's finished. It took forever but it's finally done! This isn't the final version, but this was the one that my friend Jenny posted on her site. It was an interesting process. I had never worked on a drawing as long as I had this one before. Everything about this illustration was a learning experience. I had to learn how to use different tools, how to better manage my free time and how to draw animals. Drawing animals has always been more difficult for me than drawing anything else. But I think it turned out pretty good.

4 comments:

Si's blog said...

Very nice. Looks like you have a good future in this vein.

RobArt said...

Thanks! This project has sort of set me in that direction.

Whitlamy said...

Rob-
It's Amy...wife of Michael. I think it's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Whitlamy said...

By the way...I'm not stalking you...found your blog via your myspace page. I went there laughing about you working on the July 4th float. I worked on that thing 4-5 years ago and swore I'd never do it again!!